CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 20, 2010

We are getting close to the end

I had a friend that took some pictures of Jordan and I the night of the Senior Track meet and emailed these pictures to me.



I have been doing pretty good with the fact that my Jordan will be graduating this year. This time last year when he mentioned going off to college I felt like I could hardly breathe. But over this past year I have grown to accept that it is time for him to move on and continue with his education.




Plus being a person that always believes that everything happens for a reason, I have to notice that these crazy situations such as this moving thing always seem to happen at moments like this. (Regan started Kindergarten during one of our moves) So I have been a bit distracted you might say.

Last night we went to Jordan's honor grad's ceremony. I was overjoyed to see my son receive an award for staying on the honor roll during his high school years and even more happy that he was awarded a scholarship. (not sure on the amount we will find out months later) But as they started the speeches about how this is the time you will take that step off your parent's porch into the rest of your life. This is the time for you to make your mark on the world. All I could think was that's it I'm done. I am loosing my baby. And yep the tears couldn't be stopped.


I know he is going to community college next year and will still be living at home for at least the next two years. But from now on things change. I am trying ...seriously I am.


So here is my moment to tell all of you that have helped us along the way thank you so much for helping us in the process of making Jordan the incredible kid (he won't be 18 until July so he is still a kid right?) he has turned into!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Wow, this made me a little teary eyed. I think I'm in denial still.

Loved the first 2 pics the most. All were great.

Anonymous said...

I guess I should have read this post first when I asked you if you cried. :O) You are right Abby...he's a great KID!