CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's raining...inside?

The other night I went to get my hair done. Leaving daddy in charge of the house. No big deal right? Well apparently ...wrong!

I came in and noticed the weirdest sound. I walked into the kitchen and said OH MY! There was water dripping from the ceiling all over the center island counter! I ran upstairs and said We have a problem!! I went to both bathrooms and no one was even in the tub. Very confused we tried everything we could think of and finally ended up calling the landlord.

After he was just as confused as we were I said well the girls did both have their baths earlier but that was about an hour ago? Then a light bulb went off and I said Regan how full did you fill that tub? She showed us how full and let me tell you it is surprising she didn't require a life guard! Anyway what happened was the water went into the excess water valve which actually was not on all that tight so it went behind it too and then drip drip drip all over the downstairs. We had to just let the dripping go on all night with towels all over the kitchen to save the laminate floors.

We now have a new rule in our house water level must be approved for bath time!

1 comments:

April said...

Oh my! Good rule. I think so many of us have filled the tubs up like that. I definitely did as a kid and Hunter tries too push the limit so he can have his own swimming pool. I bet that was nerve wrecking you couldn't figure it out where the water was coming from at first.