CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sick bug can leave our house any time!!



This is how we spent our weekend. Doesn't she look sad? (Yeah I let her dress herself, she is going through that stage of look I match and wears the same color head to toe. It wasn't a day to fight it trust me...read on)

So it all started on Wednesday the girls were both out of the school for the rest of the week due to parent teacher conferences. I was sitting with Erin at her student led parent teacher conference when I noticed Erin getting paler and paler, her lips were turning blue, and she was shivering. Weird! So we went straight home and daddy took her temperature. She was running 104! With nurse daddy at home to take care of her I went about the rest of my dad of yet another parent teacher conference and helping at the book fair.

The next day I made a doctor's appointment for Erin as her temperature was showing no signs of going down. Of course by the time we got to the doctor's office her Motrin and Tylenol I had given her had brought her temperature back down to 98.6. The doc looked her over and ran a quick strep test on her that came back negative. He told me that at 6 and under it is still pretty normal to run temps that high. He said it is probably just a virus come back on Monday if it is not any better. I was thinking this is Thursday you want me to wait to come back in until Monday if she isn't better? My mommy radar was going off that something just wasn't right here.

On Friday Erin still was no better and by the time daddy got home from work at 4 she was saying that it hurt to go potty and her temp was still a raging 104. So we decided it was time for an ER visit. This time I did not give her any Motrin or Tylenol. I wanted them to see I wasn't lying about her temp. When we got there her temp was at 104.3. They immediately gave her both Motrin and Tylenol and then the waiting game began. After a long wait and some more tests she was diagnosed with strep throat (the original test that was done had time to grow a culture that show signs of strep) and a urinary tract infection.

So we then had to wait a very long time in the emergency pharmacy for her meds. Then much later at night we headed home only to run into highway construction. Ohhhh I just wanted to go home. We were both so tired and my throat didn't feel so good either. I am not sure what time we actually got in but let's just call it way to late thirty.

We both crawled into bed and then got up the next morning to take Regan to her softball practice at 9 am. Then Erin and I called it quits and climbed into bed for a loooong nap.

Thankfully by Monday morning she seemed to be back to her chipper self and is on the mend. I am going to have to remember to take Motrin and Tylenol with us when we travel in case she gets sick if she runs this high of temps. Very scary!

2 comments:

Nana-Judy said...

You gotta trust that 'Mommy Radar'!! So sorry she was sick, but thankful she is on the mend now.

Anonymous said...

Aw man I missed this post when we were on the coast. SO glad she's doing better! You KNEW there was more to it than just a virus. Stupid doctor! Isn't it just nice to finally know what was up?!