CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 25, 2010

I am officially a soccer mom

If you wonder what the Meyers are doing on Saturday let me tell you it probably involves soccer this fall. Every Saturday we have a game to attend and I have to tell you Erin is actually pretty good! She also has practice every Tuesday and Thursday evening so yep I am learning what it means to be a soccer mom. For me it means always having lawn chairs in the back of the van (and umbrellas we do live in the Northwest). It also means having a steady supply of band aids and pony tail holders for either my daughter or the girls on her team. Both seem to be in need every game.


Regan decided long ago soccer was not her sport. She gave it one season and said yeah this just isn't my thing. She seems to enjoy softball so we will be sticking with that for her. Regan being the "little mommy" she is loves to spend her time on the sidelines carrying for all the little siblings of Erin's team mates. This little one above seems to be her buddy most of the time. Her mom has three girls. One on Erin's team and this one plus her twin sister. So she is BUSY! Thank goodness she has taken a liking to Regan because she tends to take care of her during most of the games. On Saturday I was trying to figure out where Regan went and I saw her holding this little one's hand while holding an umbrella helping her mom bring both the girls to the port-a-potty. Yuck! I know God knew what he was giving me my kids so far apart. I don't know how this lady does it! She is super mom! She is super sweet and is grateful for Regan's helping hand.

This Saturday we played a game in Gig Harbor and it POURED the entire game. But I have learned that living in the midwest if you wait for the rain to stop to play you will NEVER play. So it was game on! Thankfully our coach was prepared and we all stood under a tent awning he brought along or we walked along the sidelines with an umbrella. We were all soaked by the end of the game but as you can see from the picture above everyone left with smiles of another win! Their team hasn't lost a game yet. 

It does a mommy's heart good to overhear the coach say "Okay we have let them score enough it is time to send Erin in so we can score!" He was right Erin scored three goals by the time the day was done. She is so cute out there she has no idea she is their big scorer. She is just so happy when she scores to get hugs from all her teammates!

We only have three games left this season. But if this season is a sign of things to come I am thinking we have LOTS more soccer ahead of us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Welcome to the soccer mom club Abby! Glad you could join us!! Is Regan still interested in Tennis too?

Nana-Judy said...

Soccer seems to be one of those few games where they just keep playing---no matter what! Unless there is a lightning storm, of course!
Glad Erin has 'found' her sport--at least for a time!

Liz said...

Go Erin!!! Both girls seem to have found what they enjoy so it is win win here....

Mandy said...

I enjoy the soccer games and usually volunteer to go and let Gary stay home with the little ones. So, I guess you could say I'm a soccer mom too. Glad we didn't have too many wet games this year but we definitely had one COLD game where I wore 2 coats! I think Id rather be cold than wet though!