CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Battle Wounds

Jordan called me from practice yesterday and said Mom can you send dad to come pick me up. I got hurt and I want him to look at it. This was the phone call I had been dreading since the day he said he wanted to try out for football. I was a nervous wreck until they pulled up and then Christian came in and said he needs to go to the ER. I ran out and he looked all right except he had a massive bandage across his chin. I said "What happened?" Well at practice he had another player come up under his helmet and the other player's helmet collided with Jordan's chin. His chin split right open.

So I spent last night in the ER with Jordan waiting hours and then he got his four stitches in his chin. Then today we had to make a decision as a group mom, dad, Jordan, and coaches whether he should play in the game this Friday night. That would mean he would stand a good chance of splitting that chin right back open, infection, and scarring. Then run right into another week of . . .should he play this week? So we decided it was in his best interest to wait it out one week. So there you go Jordan's first battle wound. Not so bad really girls like scars right ;)

If you want me to take a picture of his stitched up chin let me know...

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Well, I was expecting a picture...

Anonymous said...

Well of course I want to see a picture!

April said...

A battle wound so early in the season...Smart move for Jordan to ask for dad to pick him up.