CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 25, 2009

Lunch box of embarrassment


I pack both the girls lunches every day for school. Well every once in a while one of them forgets (or in Regan's case just looses, how do you loose a lunchbox?) their lunch box at school. Thankfully due to our website Steals and Deals I have an extra on hand that was sent to me to review. It has a picture of Bugs Bunny on the front and says Eating Right.

Regan was the first to misplace her lunch box at school so I said fine I will pack your lunch in this one today and you can bring me home the other one when you check the Lost and Found at school. She said it was just too embarrassing with Bugs Bunny on the front so she taped a big piece of paper over the front of it. I saw it and said Whatever makes you feel better. If you don't want to have to continue to bring Bugs Bunny to school bring me home your other lunch box. This seemed to be the motivation she needed because her original lunch box found its way home that afternoon.

A couple days later Erin forgot her lunch box at school. So I pulled out Bugs bunny for her lunch. The next morning I saw her taping a piece of paper over Bugs. I said Erin what are you doing? She said MOM it's just too embarrassing. Okay I understood a 4th grader being embarrassed by Bugs Bunny but a 1st grader? She cracks me up she so wants to be just like her big sister.

So the Bugs Bunny lunch box has become the lunch box of shame to bring to school in our house ;) It's fine with me because it seems to be great motivation for them to track down their lunch box at school to bring home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this post! So now I see that I need to get an embarrasing lunch box for when Madison forgets her's at school. Maybe I'll do it with water botles too as those seem to be what is always missing at our house. Or jackets, hoodies, etc

April said...

I think it is great motivation too! Very cute post...it put a smile on my face!