CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Final shots from Football





Here are the last of the shots from Jordan's football game. (remember he is #29) Those boys had such a hard time just planting their foot in a stable spot. That ground was muddy and SLICK! Yep one of the boys (thankfully not Jordan) twisted his ankle hard in that mud mess. It was almost humorous watching them try to run around and see through the pouring rain and the ball itself was like grease lightening as well! They moved Jordan to defense and he got some good hard hits in, but when he came home that night let me tell you he was FILTHY. He took a hot shower and went straight to bed!

In hind sight I was so nervous about him trying out football especially since he didn't join the team until his Junior year. But now looking back I am so glad he tried. I am actually quite proud of him for putting himself out there and sticking with it! He made a lot of great friends and definitely got in shape. His coach is an amazing man that really makes sure the boys that leave his program leave with the values he wants to instill. On the last Thursday night dinner he asked each of the boys to stand up and repeat a quote that they thought captured what they had learned from their football experience. Here is Jordan's:

"It's not about winning the game, it's about wanting to win the game."

So hoping that means he is saying you need to have a positive outlook on life? Anyway this chapter is now closing and even though I am relieved this football will no longer be taking over our lives I am feeling a bit sentimental about the fact that we are beginning to see a lot of Jordan's chapters ending and his adult chapters will be opening soon....

4 comments:

Liz said...

Great pics. It is hard to watch them grow up but enjoy each moment....

Mandy said...

Yeah, that's sad knowing his season is over. I'm glad he played football too. Definitely grew in confidence and I'm sure the experience played a small part in it. Can't believe how fast he's grown up!

Anonymous said...

It is sad isn't it. I remember my very last volleyball game. I kept telling myself I wasn't going to cry, but in the end...I was a softy and let the tears roll. I'm just glad Jordan has a break for awhile what with his loaded class schedule!

Gramps said...

Just in case he ever wants to change his name for football, I thought up a very good one: Jordan "Viente Nueve". since he looks so good in his uniform. Oh yeah, Thanks for the wonderful cookies. But after I ate them I don't feel like training for football right now.