CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Soap Box Derby



Don't you just love good clean fun that church youth groups can come up with? Jordan's BOB group (Band of Brothers) has an annual soap box derby they hold each year. The boys each make their own car from scratch. Here is Jordan's team working on theirs. Let me also tell you not long after these pictures were taken I had to leave to take Regan to her bell choir concert. I told the boys to PLEASE be so very careful as they were being left alone with power tools eeeek. I should have known I didn't need to worry our sweet elderly neighbor down the street couldn't stand the curiosity came down to check on what the boys were up to and of course had to give them so pointers as well ;). (have I mentioned I love them as neighbors?)




Here are the boys in action at the race itself. Doesn't this look like fun? Well before you jump in to give it a whirl let me tell you there was one big wreck as they came around a corner (thankfully not Jordan, but another poor boy) and his soapbox car flipped over and he hit the pavement right on his face! Thankfully they do require the helmets which I think is what saved any serious injuries, but wow there was still quite a bit of blood. But what can you say boys will be boys. They all had a really great time!

6 comments:

April said...

Yes, I love neighbors! They can be so helpful and look out for our kids.

Wow! I can't believe they built that. Very cool!

Mandy said...

That is pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. Looks like a ton of fun!

Yvette Kelly said...

That looks like a lot of fun!!The boys did a good job.Say congrats from me!

Dawn said...

that looks like fun! And I like the name: BOB group.

ChefDruck said...

Those cars are impressive! The boys seem to be quite handy with power tools. How scary that they crashed though. I'm glad they were wearing helmets.