CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day at the Beach



Erin's Kindergarten glass had their field trip day this week. After having a whole unit on learning about Sea Creatures they got to spend a day at the beach exploring. It was a lot of fun! Here is Erin (with the hat on) with her teacher and classmates checking out a hermit crab they found.

Boy oh boy was I glad I put her in these rain boots for the day! She jumped through or sloshed through lots of ocean water!














I was really glad the little kid they had accompany me and Erin for the day was a boy. Boys are so get down in there and get your hands dirty and explore which just encouraged Erin too as well. She even held a crab!



It was a great day and I hope one she will remember for a long time! The weather was prefect beautiful and sunny. For a girl from the midwest that had only seen the ocean a handful of times growing up this was a really impressive field trip!

7 comments:

Nana-Judy said...

This is an awesome post! I wish I had had a chance to do something like this growing up! I'm so excited for her and for you.

Mandy said...

Sounds like loads of fun!

April said...

So cool that she held a hermit crab! I love that she has her rain boots on...great thinking mom!

Yvette Kelly said...

Looked like great fun.Clever idea with the boots.Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

I see they wore their baby chick t-shirts. Great idea! I love the beach too so I'm glad you were both able to go. It's beautiful isn't it?!

Dawn said...

What a great day! Glad you could go.

Years ago when me and my cousins were kids my grandparents took us to the oregon coast for the day. We had fun mucking through all the tide pools. Years later my grandma reminded me of that day and she said that both her and my grandpa couldn't get over how down and into it I was, picking up everything and my other 2 cousins (girls) were standing by watching not about to touch anything. At the time I had no idea and years later her story cracked me up. And I'm still that way.

Angela said...

that looks fun.
kids discover lots of things. my niece tells me she wants lots of princess style dresses.