CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 23, 2009

They are going to drive me to the Parent Pick up Line!

I recently read a post on someone's blog about what a nightmare parent pick up line can be at school. It made me glad that my girls ride the bus. Let me tell you that lately it has been a down right nightmare! You all know it rains A LOT here so most of the winter months I drive the girls down to our bus stop. We live at the end of a very narrow one way street so narrow there is no place for a bus to turn around the bus picks them up at the end of the road. Yes thats right, right on the highway. Imagine us being picked up on W (this may be something only a few can relate too ;)

Anyway since the road is so narrow last year I parked in this guy's over abundance of a driveway waiting with the girls for the bus well this year he decided no more of that and said it was his property and he didn't want us parking there any more. So that is fine we parked on the other side of the road which happens to be a business that sells windows. This guy came out and asked us not to park there either as apparently the 10 minutes we park there it is hindering his business. Whatever! So we end up parking right on the road and yep cars just have to go around us. They have learned to deal with it the 10 minutes it takes for the bus to get there.

The last couple weeks the city has decided to do construction on our road. So if the congestion problem wasn't bad enough we have now added huge construction equipment and holes they have dug that would swallow a grown man! Today I was sitting there as usual waiting for the bus it was raining so hard you could hardly hear the radio. One of the construction workers asks me if we can move the van. I said um we are waiting for the bus. I explain why I can't park any where else. He says can the kids just wait outside while you move? Okay yeah right you crazy man. Let's just have the kids get drenched to the bone and stand here right next to this mammoth sized construction truck you are operating that is actually tearing up the asphalt on this road. What exactly about this sentence sounds like something a mother would agree to? I told him I DON'T THINK SO. 5 seconds later the bus pulled up and all was happy again.

I am telling you this is all about to drive me to the parent pick up line though!

1 comments:

Nana-Judy said...

How frustrating this must be! Why don't people want to help out other people in times like this??

How can your neighbor feel 'taken advantage of' just because you park in his driveway for 10 minutes twice a day? And the people with the business, too. Surely you are not discouraging customers away so early in the morning!
Couldn't the construction company make allowances for people who have to USE the street while they are working on
Okay, I'm climbing down off of my soap box nowit?