CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 28, 2009

Rambling of excuses

So I just started back my classes online..e.i. don't expect a lot of posts in the near future or consistent. I will try to throw in a 1st day of school post next week but past that don't look for another post until maybe the holidays. Anyway I am taking my classes and let me just tell you TOUGH I am struggling way out of my comfort zone. I have asked Jordan for help and am surprised at how easy this stuff comes to him. Which brings me to my question. Are teachers tougher? I really don't remember learning any of this math stuff in high school but then again that was almost 20 years ago I am thinking I could have forgotten it. I do know when Jordan came out of Kindergarten 12 years ago it was not expected that he be able to read just know his sounds and phonics. Erin on the other hand is expected to read full sentences and be working on Annunciation. Crazy! I am wondering what will be expected of Erin by the time she reaches Jordan's age will the school system change a lot by then? Time will tell. I do remember thinking I had it tough when I was in high school and was tested on Photosynthesis and for the test I was given 6 sheets of blank paper and told to write all I knew on the subject including diagrams. The teacher (whom I despised) also said feel free to use the back of the paper if needed. Pure terror! Thankfully I had really studied hard and filled all 6 of those pages. If you want a diagram of photosynthesis I can still draw you one! So maybe those tough teachers are good for something as horrible of a person as he was he definitely made the info stick. Okay sorry I am just rambling today.... back to my homework.

0 comments: