CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Tool Time in my church!


Today being father's day (by the way HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD, I did try to call to wish you a happy day but got your machine you know the thought was there) ;) Anywhooo our service at church was focused on Father's day. Our pastor just loves props and getting into it for his message. I just had to take a picture of the set for today because it cracked me up. Look familiar yep they recreated Tool Time from Home Improvement show. Pastor came out and said he wanted to amp of the sound system and really getta a mega service going. The music director (dressed in a flannel shirt of course) said into the mike "I don't think that's such a good idea, Chris" Pastor then said oh no you don't know what you are talking about and started this machine, smoke started coming out of it the lights flickered and went out. Pastor then says oh no why do I always do this, why do I always want more? Behind that board there pops up a head with a fishing hat and says "Hiddy ho there neighbor looks like you are having some problems here" it then proceeded onto a really great message of how we always want more and that not necessarily being a bad thing but remember to keep our eye on the prize.

Needless to say this whole intro brought lots of laughter and is just typical for what a great pastor we have been blessed with here. I love his services so much fun!

4 comments:

April said...

Cool to see a pastor thinking outside of the box.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! He sounds like a great pastor and can keep people's attention. I'm glad you found a great church there!

ChefDruck said...

What a creative way to start the service!

Nana-Judy said...

Thanks for sharing! I LOVE this post!
Creative approaches to sharing the gospel are great. Didn't Jesus use that method?, When he used the daily events/routines of the people to help them understand His message.