CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We are just not as young as we used to be



Christian took Erin out to enjoy an afternoon of roller skating. I decided to grab the moment to do some studying for my summer course. I had barely cracked my book when I heard them coming back inside. I thought I wonder what happened? Christian come up the stairs grunting and walking very strange. When he came around the corner he was covered in dirt and blood all down his leg. I said WHAT HAPPENED? He said I FELL! After getting him all cleaned up his knee swelled a bit and it took him over a week to recover from this flesh wound really. Wow as we get older it sure does take us a while to recover from injuries doesn't it?

4 comments:

Nana-Judy said...

So...what are you really trying to say Abby? {heehee) Let me tell you... I've got about 30 years +/- on you guys and it doesn't get any easier! I used to wonder why my Mom felt such agony with her hips and legs when she did something like clean house...not anymore!!!
You know what? My heart says I can do everything I used to do...but my body says "No way, friend!"
Here's to YOUTH!!!

Mandy said...

yeah, that is disgusting.

Agree, there is def more stretching going on here than ever before!

Anonymous said...

I hate getting older! We played disk golf with friends the other day and I was so sore for the next few days. I feel for you Christian. Healing isn't fun!

April said...

Yep, the older you get the harder you land....sucks!