Jordan track season came to an end this week (just as football practice began) and so he had an awards banquet. Although we all love to see these events and hear all these wonderful things said about our child let me tell you this event was THREE HOURS long! Not so fun with two little girls who are less than happy about having to sit in their sweaty seat and not wiggle and wait. . .wait...wait...patiently. I finally ended up letting them play in the courtyard behind the cafeteria this was held on while I had one foot in the cafeteria one in the courtyard trying to keep my eye on both.
It was really nice to see Jordan with all the kids he hangs out with daily and see him interact with them. I love to see him so at ease and seeming to geniunly have a good time with all his friends. There honestly were only 30 kids total but they had each kid come up and they described in detail all the reasons they liked each kid. Well when it came to Jordan they talked about how Jordan was the kind of kid that he would do whatever was asked of him. He was their go to guy any time they needed some one to fill in a race. So throughout this season he ran the 100 the 200 and even the hurtles! Although I am not sure he ever placed I love that he gets out there and give it his all!
This is him with his coach having all the kind words said about him. Apparently the coach lost a bet with one of the students. He bet them if anyone of them made it to state he would wear a dress the entire day. Well one of the girls made it. So he had to teach the entire day in this dress. He said he did not receive much respect from his students today! ;)
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Track season ends. . .
Posted by Abby at 8:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Great job Jordan. I love it when a teacher makes a bet and follows through. I've heard of them shaving their heads etc., but never wearing a dress. Funny!
Im sure that is nice to hear those things about your son.
Thx for explaining the coach, I was wondering! I love when people do bets and follow through.
I think that is great they told each child how wonderful they are/did. That's important.
Don't love the betting thing...at all. :-)
It is so cool to hear the nice things from Jordan's peers! I love seeing the coach in the dress.
Good post and pics. I like your comments about watching him with his peers![ Love the coaches dress, too! Wonder where he got it!! Wonder if he'll ever wear it again!! Heehee]
Post a Comment