CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Truth be known

I got a call from Erin's school today from the school nurse. (yes I may be on a first name basis with yet another school nurse) anyway apparently a little boy poked her in the eye with a pencil. My first thought was OH my is she okay should I come up there? They said no she is fine there is no damage it just watered. We put some ice on it and let her lay down for a little bit now she is back in class just fine. Well as the day goes on I am thinking man what little brat poked my baby? The mamma bear instinct is a strong one you know?! Erin walks in the door from school and I instantly am assessing her and she looks fine. So I ask her about it and she says I didn't do anything that boy just poked me for no good reason. translation in 5 year old language: I was completely the reason behind why this happened. I then replay in my mind things that have happened when I have helped in her class and remember her and some of the boys sword fighting with their pencils. I ask her if this is what happened. She said HE made me do it! SHYA right. So we then had a discussion about the reasons why mommy and the teacher both have said it is not a good idea to have sword fights with pencils. We'll see if it sticks or if it will need to be reoccuring eye injuries for her to learn her lesson.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Well, I guess she got what she deserved. LOL! Just kidding. Glad it wasn't serious.

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

It's all a matter of how you look at it when you're five!

We just found out that my five year old neice is going to the school nurse every day with a "tummy ache", then sits and eats crackers and talks the nurse's ear off. My daughter says that Jerica is having "crackers and conversation" with Nurse Risa. Kids.