CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Breast Cancer petition



Most of you know now how close breast cancer has now touched my life. It has been a very scary time and I praise the Lord that my friend is now on the road to recovery! Karen just found out that the docs think her test look so good that she will not even have to do chemo. What a blessing!

With this being so fresh in my mind I just ran across this article and feel it is something I need to take part in. I wanted to bring a petition that I just discovered to your attention. It is through Lifetime television channel. It is a petition to ask our Representatives to please stop "drive thru" masectomys. It has become a more regular occurrence that insurance companies are making mastectomy patients stay less than 24 hours after surgery. This is ridiculous!! This is the removal of a body part for goodness sake!! I encourage you to let your voice be heard and to sign the petition to encourage our Representatives to vote against this policy and make insurance companies cover a more reasonable stay in the hospital for women that undergo this surgery! All you have to do is type in your name, address, and email address. Just go to the link here.

Thanks so much for joining me in this and also many thanks to those of you that prayed for my friend. The power of prayer is amazing!

2 comments:

Nana-Judy said...

Thanks, Abby! for your post and for your friendship and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Abby! I'll be signing as I did stay about 24 hours after my surgery. Thank you for all of your support and prayers! You are truly a wonderful friend and I love you!