I just thought of this story that actually happened about 4 years ago when we were still living in Ohio, but I gotta share b/c it cracks me up every time I think of it!
As many of you know Jordan is a person who thinks outside of the box. He has a brilliant mind but has some problems following directions. If it's not his idea he literally cannot fathom up another way to do it. So when he was about 11 I decided that Sunday evening dinners were going to be his job. I bought Hamburger helper and Tuna Helper dinners. I told him to step by step follow the directions and all would turn out. So one Sunday evening this is what happened. . .
Jordan making Tuna Helper:
Mooooom the directions say to add 2 1/2 cups of water but our measuring cup only goes to 2 cups what do I do?
Moooooom the directions keep saying add noodles. Where are these noodles they speak of. ME: did you look in the box? Jordan: oh nevermind....
then Erin only being a year old at this time I had to change one heck of a messy diaper. At the same time I hear Mooooom. After the last two questions I'm thinking geeez what now? I tell Jordan your going to have to wait a minute I'm in the middle of something here. Jordan says it's kind of an emergency!! So I quickly finish changing diaper, come into the kitchen to find....
What looked like a scene from CSI!! Jordan had sliced his finger on the tuna can REALLY deep! As I walk in he is flinging his hand all over the kitchen and splattering blood all over the floor, the counters, the ceiling. I say Jordan STOP you need to apply pressure to it! He then grabs it and squeezes it and more blood. Uggh!
Needless to say we didn't end up having Tuna Helper that night. We grabbed McDonalds on the way back from the ER! Can I tell you I was cleaning up blood for weeks after that? I found it on top of the fridge and even the next month when I flipped up the calendar apparently the page had flown up and got splattered into the next month!
This is the life with a brilliant minded child. He can do Calculus problems that would blow your mind but open a can of Tuna...umm I don't think so ;)
Friday, December 19, 2008
Story from a couple years ago
Posted by Abby at 10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I am still cleaning blood up from his bloody noses! No joke, I found a spot in the basement! That bloody boy. LOL! I think he just needs to cook more. I have a husband that calls every few minutes asking directions on how to cook something when he needs to cook dinner. Out of practice. I told him I am going to have to have him cook more often b/c if something happens to me.... frozen food for my kiddos!
BTW- moooooom, I kept thinking, what does that mean? I was thinking moom. Gotcha.
Those tuna cans are dangerous!
I would have had something else for dinner too!
This one cracked me up! Hey I need to call you! it's been a day or two and I'm having Abby withdraw! How has your week been with the hubbie home? Mines been home too...
so funny! that is such a great memory...it reminds me of another post i'll have to do...my scrapbooking injury.
Yikes!! Now that is a dinner to remember:0
Post a Comment