I had to go to the dentist on Monday...yuck! Only to discover that I had an enormous cavity under a previous filling from years ago that would have to be removed to have a HUGE honkin filling put in its place. So I made an appointment to come back the next day to get it taken care of like a good girl. (I still wasn't happy about it though) When I came back in the next day the dentist said wow two visits in one week you get to pick a treat out of the treasure box (trust me I did and I have a tattoo of a tooth to prove it ;)
Let me ask you some questions about dentists
1. Why is it they try to carry on a conversation with you while they have your mouth wide open and sharp pointy objects in there? I ended up telling him after wards listen I don't carry on conversations with dentist or gynecologists. Both experiences I am too busy pretending I am not there.
2. Why is it my nose always itches as soon as they get started?
3. Do they always lean on your hair and pull it too while administering painful procedure in the mouth ?
4. Since when did they start using this rubber damn and was this the same inventor of high heels?
5. What is the correct response to Are you doing okay there? as you are lying there thinking NO I want to go home! ?
6. Why don't they let me have wireless headphones and watch the Spongebob movie like the girls get to?
7. Do you feel like as much of an idiot as I do with an adult bib on and safety glasses?
8. Why do I produce so much spit and need to swallow so badly the entire time my teeth are getting worked on? Nerves maybe?
9. Do all dentist think they are hilarious?
10. I'm not the only one that hates this whole experience am I?
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Dentist
Posted by Abby at 10:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I've wondered about number one too. Boy, you must have really hated it to cuss like that (number 4). LOL! I haven't had my hair pulled but I did get sprayed all over the face, and I think I can top any dentist story by the weirdo I saw in IL, the man asking me if I wanted to borrow a movie from him, after just meeting him, my new dentist, and then while he talks to me he primps in the mirror, WEIRDO!
I love when they ask me questions when they have their hands and utensils in my mouth and seems like they never give me time to answer the question or take their hand out of my mouth so I can answer the question. Why does he ask me questions if he is not gonna let me have my mouth to respond?! I feel like at the end when they finally take their hand out of my mouth I have all these built up answers and things I have to tell them.
Abby,
You are hilarious. I've never had a dentist pull my hair, but I have had some with bad breath - but never for long. The rubber dam seems like such a strange name to me. I've never had safety glasses though - sounds uncomfortable!
Abby,
I just had to leave a comment on this post because I found it very funny. My husband will be done with dental school in 4 months and 29 days (who is counting).
Here are my answers to your questions
1) The tell them in school to talk with your patient it keeps their mind on other things. (I am feel the same as you in when you see the gynecologists or dentist I do not want to talk).
2) It is because you can not scratch it.
3) They do not always lean on your hair, but I have had that happen.
4) They only use the rubber damn on deep cavities, and the dentist hats to use it as much as you hate to have it used.
5) You should tell them what you are thinking. (Most of the time they would just laugh).
6) Did you ask? I would have.
7) Yes!
8) Who knows but it happens of all of us.
9) Yes they do. Including my husband and all of his friends.
10) I hate going to the dentist. This is sad when my husband is who I go to.
Post a Comment