So life with a teenager is tons of fun. I have to say I am quite grateful that my 16 year old son is a really good kid and has made really good decisions thus far. My biggest issue I have with him is his disorganization. His favorite thing to say is "What's the big deal mom?" So this leads me into my story,
Hmmm let's start from the beginning a couple months ago Jordan let me know he had a weight lifting competition on Sat. the 7th in capital of Washington. Okay good got it. Now fast forward to this past week on Monday Jordan says mom I think I have to play for the pep band on Saturday night too so I am not sure what to do about it.(His band teacher informed him if he wasn't there for the game he would lower his grade to a C, that's all we need a C in BAND!) The reason for this last minute announcement is that the basketball team has been in a play offs and the game was just scheduled that week. I told him you will need to talk to your band teacher and let him know you have this other event scheduled and paid for. The rest of the week goes by with every day an excuse of why he didn't get around to getting all the details worked out including a permission form he needed to have turned in. We are now at Friday the event is the next day and we still do not have all the details worked out. What is a mom to do?
So I went into the school around lunch time to discuss with office how to get the permission form I needed and leave messages for teachers and get it worked out. As I am talking to the staff they of course have no earthly idea of any of these activities and are pretty much no help. I look out over the campus at this time and see Jordan walking by into the cafeteria. I try calling him on his cell phone which I guess he decides to ignore. I then run after him into the cafeteria. He is standing in line waiting for his lunch I run up behind him, he turns around and with eyes as big as saucers says WHAT are YOU doing here? I told him I need to get these details all worked out where is the permission form, have you spoke to the band teacher, your weight lifting coach. He assures me he will get it all taken care of and hurries me out the door. The girl standing next to him in line looks at me real interested. I glance her way. She says I like your purse! I then smile and say Oh well thank you! Jordan is horrified and says Would you PLEASE leave?
I then leave and think to myself that appearance in his cafeteria is punishment enough...chuckling to myself.
He he yep I am now THAT mom.....
****By the way Jordan scored 1st place in his weight division at the competition!
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
I am now THAT mom!
Posted by Abby at 8:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh my that was funny...yep you definitely are!! I can see though, did he leave you much option?! hehehehe...I bet he will want to get things taken care of in the future.
Personally, I can't resist embarrassing my kids every once in a while. I'm at my kids' school a lot because of volunteer work, subbing, and PTO, so they've gotten pretty used to me, though.
I love your duaghter's sweet reading corner. I might have to make one up for myself!
hee hee - I love this!! And with Girl approval!
I still love that story! I just can't see Jordan saying that though. He's always so polite when I'm around him. :O) Great Job too Jordan!!
Post a Comment