CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

X marks the spot

I came outside the other day to see what the girls were up to playing in the yard with a friend of theirs. My mommy radar went on when I heard the garage door open. I thought uh-oh what are they up to?

I came outside to find them digging in the yard with one of daddy's shovels. I said just what are you guys doing? They said there was an X here so we just knew there must be treasure down there so we decided to dig.

Don't worry I put a stop to it and no one was hurt. Yep that's right the X was the spot the city works people left with spray paint in the yard to let us know not to dig as there were cables underneath!

But wouldn't it be cool if life were actually that cool that someone came a sprayed a spot and you could find treasure? Ahhh these two little girls and their imaginations!

6 comments:

ChefDruck said...

That is so scary! Thank God you had an ear out with that mommy 6th sense!

Rob said...

This is so great. I love that they thought that it was a treasure. Oh how the young mind gets carried away!

Becca

Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

Nana-Judy said...

Your Mommy radar must have been working good that day! I'll never forget the time I was going to plant some bushes along the deck and managed to cut throught the cable service. Ron and the kids were not very pleased with me that day! However, I had been told that it ran in a whole other place in the yard.
I SO enjoy that they were on a Treasure Hunt!

Mandy said...

Well, I am glad you were there to put a stop to it. Those girls are a hoot.

tiarastantrums said...

FANTASTIC imaginations!!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Great thinking on their parts! Quick thinking on yours