CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Looking at things from a different angle




These pictures are actually taken moments from each other. I am going to get all Philosophical here on you. (yes I am still taking that class) Isn't it amazing how you can look at something in a different light and it looks completely different? I think these pictures are both beautiful of these cherry blossoms for two completely different reasons. Ahhhh I am so ready for Spring! Instead of being so bummed about the overcast days we have here in Northwest I am choosing to be grateful for the beauty all this rain gives us here. I have to say it does make me so grateful for the days when the sun does peek out from behind the clouds. I find myself with my eyes closed head back soaking up the Vitamin D. These pretty cherry blossoms are one of the things I am grateful for today, so your turn what you are you grateful for today?

6 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm actually looking forward to volunteering in Sam's class today! Love discussing books!

I am also so thankful for my healthy kids. I have been reading about Stellan from My Charming Kids...just makes me so grateful. Heart aches for her!

Dawn said...

good point. Doesn't do any good to complain about the rain we get here. I get reminded of that everytime I go to a dry state. We have a lot of beauty because of it.

I'm thankful for our health too as I've been reading about Stellan and Bentley as well.

Jessie said...

Hi Abby,

Just thought I'd drop in. First off, I wondered how hard it was to move to another "low sun" state (I mean in comparison to people who take the sun for granted each day) right after Alaska? I do love the Northwest though, my husband is from there, but wondered if because of the increase in temperatures, it's still easier on you despite the rain. But to answer the thankful question, I have a whole lot to be thankful for, but today it's how loving my children are. They really don't argue to each other that much (now disobeying is another subject), but this foster baby we have at our house has shown just how loving they really are. I'm thankful for their friendship and compassion to other people.

April said...

I am grateful to not have the flu bug again. Matt just got it agaiiinnn! I feel for him, but am glad it's not me.

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful that I'm feeling a little better today and I got to go with Chris and the girls to Klammoth Falls. I'll be even more grateful if I get this aweful drain tube out tomorrow! Cross your fingers!!

Nana-Judy said...

I'm thankful for the rain we had on Tuesday--we really needed it. I'm also thankful for good friends that you can spend a whole weekend with laughing and talking together! Great fun, and a nice break in the routine of life.
~~~~~~~
Must say. I loved your picture study. It IS amazing sometimes how things look from different angles and in different lights.