CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 6, 2009

Roller Skating







I decided the other day it would be fun to take the girls roller skating. It really was both of their first times going. We started out the day everyone clinging to the wall for support. This roller rink actually had no railing to hold onto so it was the wall or nothing. Erin went around one time and after
falling down and getting back up falling down and well you get the point. She ran, sat down and starting yanking her skates off saying I'm DONE! I told her nope we are going to give this more of a try you will get the hang of it. She SLOWLY but surely got a little better. She decided her best technique was to run with the skates on. Whatever it seemed to work for her. I was thrilled to see within 30 minutes Regan found her balance and just took off. She loved and it and is already begging to go back!

7 comments:

Casey's trio said...

I used to love roller skating when I was growing up...memories of the skating rink~sigh!

April said...

That is too funny...I have been talking about taking Hunter roller skating the past week....oh I loved roller skating when I was younger. I wonder how rusty I will be when I hit the rink?!

Abby said...

Well I picked it right back up but I couldn't really remember how to stop. I can't remember if I actually ever did know how ;).

ChefDruck said...

That is so fun! I wonder if we have a rink near our house.

Mandy said...

That is funny. Gary and I were curious if the rink was still open here in town and drove past it yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Erin on the floor on her hands and knees. That's how I would be if I had to put skates on. :O)

Lori said...

Great fun!!! I loved skating when I was there age.