
My sister Mandy from Discursively Happy blog introduced me to this book and I just absolutely adored it! It is the story of Sarah in the pioneer days. The adventures and trials she went through as they traveled in covered wagon from Oregon to Arizona during territorial times. I know this may sound hmmm well educational but let me tell you the part of the story that I swooned over the LOVE story! Let me tell you I despise love stories too but this one is the exception! Another aspect of this book that I really enjoyed was in the beginning Sarah could barely read. She taught herself how to read and valued education as a most precious gift. As the book progresses on from this one and to the two that follow this one Sarah's Quilt and The Star Garden you see how grammar and knowledge and even maturity progresses over time as this is written in a journal format. I grew to love so many of the characters and cannot imagine the things she endured but I also learned a lot about the power of doing the right thing at all costs and also the value of the relationships of family and close friends in our lives. This is a book your just gonna cherish!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
These is my Words
Posted by Abby at 3:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I loved it too and sent it home with my mom. I have to remind her to send it on to Debbie as Chris says that she always wanted to grow up in that time. I thnik she'll like it too. Can't wait for Star Garden. Isn't that in Nov.?
Star Garden is already out I read that one a while back. You need to get it!
OOHH I loved it, too. I didn't know/remember that I was supposed to send it on to Debbie.I'll have Ron take it to Steven in the morning. I'm reading Sarah's Quilt now.
Sounds like a really good book....I haven't read an adult book in so long...maybe I will attempt this one. It has to grab my attention right away.
I have not met anyone that does not like this book. It is such a good read. I just love that Sarah Prine!
I just wrote this title down to put on reserve. I've known a handful of people that have recommened it and I'm finally getting on the bandwagon!
Post a Comment