CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A different generation


I know this is going to be one of those posts that says wow Abby you are getting old but here goes anyway. Do you remember being in high school and thinking hmmm I'm bored what to do. Watch TV read a book maybe call a friend on the phone. Well the generations of teenagers today wow the technology at their fingertips!! This is Jordan who is playing an online video game with his best friend Nick that he met while we were stationed in Alaska at the same time as we were. He now lives in Washington DC. Nick and Jordan were inseperable in Alaska and we were so sad to have to part ways. Even though the two were so tight, you would think the two of them would loose touch since it has now been almost 2 years since they have seen each other but no not with the technology of today! The two of them actually speak on an almost daily basis and get to play this online game together. Those headphones he has on is him actually talking to Nick (see the moutpiece too) at the same time as they are battling who knows what on their online adventure. How cool is that? I know I know a bit nerdy but hey I'm grateful to have a teenager interested in sticking around the house doing this instead of partying all night!

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Look at how curly his hair is now!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking the same thing Mandy! His hair is getting long. You and I are both so lucky our boys are good kids. :O) Jacob just called me a few min. ago and asked if he could stay at school for a game. I was stunned! This is his first one since we've lived here. After I picked myself up off the floor I of course said yes. :O)
My word verification says
style..yep that's me. :O)It should say no style!

Nana-Judy said...

I was lucky if I got to talk on the phone with a friend!
My Dad was 'on call' as a 'troubleshooter' for the electric company, so I was never allowed to "tie up the phone" for any length of time in case he got a call to work.
Now, with cell phones and computers, you can converse in so MANY ways!

ChefDruck said...

This doesn't make you seem old! It makes you seem like a mom who's very in touch with technology to hook her son up with such cool gadgets. Amazing. How did we ever live before all of this stuff?

April said...

Yes the technology is crazy now a days. I just heard it on a morning show the other morning they were talking about who looks things up in a dictionary anymore when you have google. Kids now a days google everything...I don't know what I am talking about...I google everything too. =)

Honey Mommy said...

I must be getting old too because I don't quite "get" the whole texting thing. Wouldn't it just be easier to call and talk to them?

tiarastantrums said...

OH - I think this is awesome!!!!