CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 2, 2009

Harry Potter is discovered again....



I'm so excited to bring the magical world of Harry Potter to another child in our family! Regan has begun reading the series. Since Christmas vacation has started she has finished book 1 & 2 in the series. We then get to watch the movie after each one. I told her she has no idea how lucky she is to get to read each book one after another and then the movie as well. Jordan on the other hand had to wait until each one came out. I have enjoyed getting to rediscover Hogwarts again this time through Regan's eyes, although I will always see a bit of my Jordan in Harry. Regan has already told me she wants to be Hermione for Halloween...we'll see if she still feels that way in 10 months or if we discover something else by then.

I gotta add it was so funny as we were watching the movie she learned as most of us do the books are so much better than the movie. She kept saying they left that part out! Wait, that's not right! Then today when we watched the second one she said Jenny who is Jenny? I looked at her and said Ron's sister. She said ooooh I pronounced her name Ginny all the way through the book! (I think that is the way it is spelled but it still cracked me up!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny...Madison does the oppisite. While we are reading the books, she says that didn't happen and I have to explain to her the the books were first and THEN the movies. Sometimes I wish she hadn't seen the movies until she read the books. I think she is finally getting it though. Wow Regan is moving right along!! We are still on book two, but haven't been reading every night. I'm still reading to her though cause I want to read them again. :O)

ChefDruck said...

I pronounced it ginny too! I never watched the second Harry Potter after being disappointed by the first one. truth is I loved the books so much that no movie could have done it justice. I can't wait to share the magic of Harry and the Muggles with my kids!