CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 2, 2009

Do you remember how wonderful it was...


to be wooed (for lack of a more eloquent word) by your husband? I was reminiscing the other day about how Christian worked so hard to get me under his spell. Let me tell you back in those days I was pretty bitter against men in general and poor Christian had his work cut out for him! He would leave notes under my windshield wiper, call me, and show up at my work. Although in the beginning I really thought he was a bit of a pest...I gotta admit I grinned every time I saw one of those cheesy cards on my windshield! Well we dated for two full years before we got married. During those two years he sent me flowers once a month! He always sent them to me when he knew I needed them most. One day I had been having an especially stressful week and when I saw the flowers being delivered I was giddy with excitement. When I saw they were a bouquet of tulips (my favorite flower) I almost cried! I couldn't keep my eyes off those flowers all day they were so GORGEOUS! One of my co-workers walked by and caught me staring at them and said alright already we get Your In Love...geez gag! I know this sounds crazy but until she said those words out loud I didn't really know how head over heels I had fell for Christian. Ahhhh young love. I have to say even though I don't get flowers once a month (and haven't on any regular basis since the day he snagged me when I said I do) I am still giddy and head over heels in love with him...most days ;). Yes our anniversary is coming up can you tell I get mushy around our anniversary?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the good ole days! I think I got one single rose from Chris and it was on our first date. He got me other gifts though(notice I said got? Haven't gotten anything in a long while)like rings, other jewelry, etc. I would love to go back and have those warm fuzzy feelings when you first hold hands or the passion from your first kiss. Oh...sigh!!
Happy Anniversary!!

ChefDruck said...

Abby,
what a nice post! It is so nice to remember the good old days of first love, especially now when we're in the trenches of parenthood. So nice to be wooed! I love tulips too.

Vanessa