CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Good day awards


So my youngest child is in her teacher's words a 'social butterfly'. She just can't stop talking when she is at school. She is so excited to see her friends and just can't stop chatting. I have no idea where she gets this from. Anyway it is a problem. I am not really sure what to do about it. Her teacher and I have decided we are going to start working on her Good Day awards. She gets sent one home every day that she has had a good day. If not such a good day then the teacher makes her turn her good day award in. So I have started really showering her with compliments if the good day award comes home. If not she has to do a very unappealing chore. So far she has had to clean all of the food out of the bottom of the dishwasher and clean the lid to the trash can. Let's just say she was not very happy about either one. So now I am thinking hmmm what else do I need cleaned around here....

3 comments:

Nana-Judy said...

Poor Erin! Some tasks are just harder to accomplish for some kids! But it is one she need to learn NOW! I hope there is more praise and less 'tasking in her future! Maybe she will get it together before long.

Anonymous said...

Oh man...I keep forgetting your great idea to make the kids do the yucky jobs! My trash can really needs a good cleaning. I hope someone gets in trouble soon. :O)

April said...

I love the yucky job idea!! I like that you pick things that are yucky but they are a small enough job for a kid to do.