

I have an elderly neighbor down the street that has this cute little box/house in the front of her house and all this time I thought it was a bird house. Until one day I was walking Regan home from school and she had me peek into it and said see look at all the furniture. It was full of little doll furniture. So I asked the lady about it one day she said its a fairy box for all the fairies that live around here. So Regan just adores that box and peeks in it all the time. I think I have decided that I am going to plant flowers up high in the back in my yard and more of a ground flower like ivy or flox in the front. I also found a website where you can buy garden fairy furniture. I am going to put some of this out for Regan and Erin to have a home for the fairies that live in our yard ;).
Wouldn't you know I go to take a picture of the box and the fairies are apparentaly doing some spring cleaning. The furniture is all being cleaned inside by my sweet little elderly neighbor.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Fairy Garden
Posted by Abby at 11:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Does the little ole lady feed the fairys too? or do they have regular jobs?? I sure hope they aren't taking advantage of her good-naturedness and quit their jobs and just rely on her to take care of them. That is a pretty nice house they have though. I hope no birds come in and bother them. Of course they are probably counting on the little ole lady to keep the birds away too. Sounds to me like maybe they might be gypsey fairys?? Maybe if Regan got to know them , she could find out what kind of character they have. If she talks to them, tell her to ask them if they have any kin back in Missouri. Well, for your sake I hope they are nice fairys and not the mooching kind. Maybe you will get lucky. .. Love Gramps
I just finished talking to me dear neighbor lady and you won't believe what she told me! She said she had to evict the fairies that were living in that house that's why its empty right now. Apparently she said they were just lounging around all day watching Jerry Springer and she had had her fill. So she cleaned them out! Wow dad you know how to call them don't you!
The thought of the fairies watching Jerry Springer made me chuckle.
They can go live at my dads house. Just ask April.
Abby, this neighbor sounds like one you should get to know. Just for a laugh a day! Definitely a blogging moment each conversation you have with her! How interesting. Maybe she is a Stargirl all grown up?
Ok, by the time I got here you guys all had a full on conversation and now I have lost track of what I wanted to say after reading this funny little book....I must say I would like to see the fairy furniture.
So how are the fairys doing???
Has Regan been checking on them?
Love, Granny
Post a Comment