We went to Erin's Kindergarten orientation today. Erin did really well and was very excited. Boy Kindergarten rooms are so much fun I wanted to stay and play! Us parents were pushed off into a corner at a tiny table with tiny chairs to match to fill out a pile of paperwork. As we were filling out the paperwork the teacher read this story to the kids. It's called The Blanket had to Go by Nancy Evans Cooney. It was such a cute story about a little girl that didn't want to give up carrying her blanket it everywhere. She tried to figure out every way she could to bring that blanket with her to school. She ended up cutting it in half and realized it was still to big. She kept cutting it half until it ended up a postage size and that was the perfect size to bring to school. The teacher then told the students she was sure they were all a bit nervous about going to school so she gave them each a piece of blue felt like the girl in the book carried to school to hold. How sweet is that? I think I'm going to like this teacher!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
That is a great idea! I hope she keeps up with that kind of teaching! She'll be great if she does.
When is her first day of school?
I like that she used a story the kids could relate to, and then gave them a 'fuzzy' to hold on to while they begin this new part of their lives! Great
She actually starts her first official day on Monday. Erin loved her little bit of blanket and carried it around all day rubbing it on her face ;)
Post a Comment