BEFORE

AFTER

Okay let me remind you we are a military family that moves about every 3 years sometimes more. Curtains are often the bane of my existence! That being said I ordered these curtains (once again) after we moved to Washington. (I hate the measuring and searching to find ones we can afford in the right color and what not!)Anyway I had a very hard time finding these measurements. Finally decided on these because they were the right width. The height was a bit too long but I thought Oh well we will just hang them higher right? Well I tried to explain this to my husband and it some how got lost in translation. The first picture is what I have lived with for the past year! My curtains have hung on the floor for almost a year. I don't know what convinced my husband this time but I some how talked him into FINALLY raising them. Awww the small pleasures in life. Don't they look nice?
AFTER
Okay let me remind you we are a military family that moves about every 3 years sometimes more. Curtains are often the bane of my existence! That being said I ordered these curtains (once again) after we moved to Washington. (I hate the measuring and searching to find ones we can afford in the right color and what not!)Anyway I had a very hard time finding these measurements. Finally decided on these because they were the right width. The height was a bit too long but I thought Oh well we will just hang them higher right? Well I tried to explain this to my husband and it some how got lost in translation. The first picture is what I have lived with for the past year! My curtains have hung on the floor for almost a year. I don't know what convinced my husband this time but I some how talked him into FINALLY raising them. Awww the small pleasures in life. Don't they look nice?


11 comments:
Oh my! the words are not coming through on your post because the color so nearly matches the background. :-(
LOVE the curtains. They would match my house too.
Woo Hoo!! I'm thinking you are going to own him greatly!!
Well, I don't know if you're going to "own" Christian greatly or not (that one had me laughing!!! Love it Karen!) but it definitely looks much better.
THe curtains on the floor would have driven Gary crazy and he would have fixed it before it drove me crazy, funny! But he's a bit anal and a perfectionist....
Pretty curtains! You are doing better than I am. I have lived in my house three years and I still don't have any curtains up!
I know exactly what you are talking about with the small things in life that get you so excited. I have been there too...especially with house things!
These look awesome!
And yes, wish we all could get together and go see Twilight as one big blogging group. I think the movie is going to be great.
oops!! I meant to say OWE him. Thanks for pointing that out Mandy. :O)
It looks great! Sometimes the little things really make the day:)
Haha. Yup, the great curtain search. We do that every time we move to. Somehow the ones you used in the last house never work in the new house do they?
They look great now! Good job :)
Hey! Thanks for 'fixing' the color on the post so the words stood out and I could read them. We lived in a lot of rental houses over the years, too. Curtains to match and fit are always a problem. Either they are too long, too short, too narrow, too wide, the wrong color, or not enough/too many pairs for the windows! Yours look very nice!!
Post a Comment