Erin was born with what many African American women have told me when they see her a smile with character. She has a space between her two front teeth. We have spoke to the dentists already and plan on working on it when she gets her adult teeth in. It has become so much a part of her smile though now I can't imagine her any other way. When one of her fellow classmates in her kindergarten class asked her about the space and pointed right to it my heart broke for her. She just smiled and said oh yeah I lost a tooth there it will come back in when I get bigger. (I am guessing she thinks this from big sister loosing her teeth?) Is it horrible that I think it is just precious though? As Christian would say that's a mother's love huh?
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Oh, I can relate. I've been there. I had a friend try and stick a quarter between my two front teeth once and said, "just curious." Now it doesn't bother me at all!
oh, i love the space...she's got the sweetest smile!
I had that space,too, until I got my 'big' teeth. It was something that sort of ran in our family and no one thought anything about it. Isn't it interesting what some kids notice and others ignore. Erin seems to have come up with her own explanation. Great! That is all she needs for now!
Just wait, when the teeth start to fall out, there will be gaps everywhere. She is adorable - what a gorgeous smile!
You can put another comment on my blog for the contest - being a subscriber is as good as becoming one as far as I'm concerned! Good luck!
Awww, I think her gap is cute! Hopefully she'll come to love it- it makes her unique!
I love her smile!! She is beautiful with or without the gap!
I really don't think it looks that bad and it doesn't seem bother Erin. Erin is so funny about it. :) She will be just fine.
I agree that when I look at her it does give her character and I agree it would be hard to change it...=) I wonder if Madonna and Laura Hutton's parents thought this way about the gaps in their teeth....I can't imagine them without their gap in their front teeth.
Post a Comment