CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 12, 2008

I miss my little Jordan

Now that my son is 16 years old {I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that one} and bigger than I am I sometimes catch myself staring at him wondering where the time has gone. That old saying Life happens when your busy making other plans. Apparently life was going on as I was busy with who knows what...

Anyway I was reading my sister's quotes about funny things her kids have said over the years and it made me think of some of the funny things Jordan has said when he was little. Here are some of the ones I remember. Family-friends please feel free to share any you have...

Jordan sitting at the dinner table at 6 years old very quite and says all of sudden"You know what trying to figure out what you want to be when you grow up is hard. I can't decide either I want to be a magician or a game show contestant. I just can't decide."

When he was about two and obsessed with the movie Winnie the Pooh I saw him running across the yard stop all of sudden and do the infamous Pooh pose and tap his finger to his head and say Think Think Think where did you put that toy?

When I had an art teacher tell me at school that he refused to participate in art class at 7 years of age we had a heart to heart about it. I asked him why wouldn't he participate. He said "Mom I just don't see the point to it...how exactly is drawing a picture going to help me later in life?"

7 comments:

Mandy said...

I loved his family portrait when he drew himself as a balloon even though he was a stick!

Or dad's favorite story of when you and Christian kept telling him to push his socks down but as soon as he was away from you guys he pulled them up and said let's go gramps!

Or the chocolate chips in the drawer! That still makes me laugh!

Anonymous said...

I remeber him coming to Jacob's birthday party and Jordan was in Kindergarten. He kept saying...I'll read the card, I'll read the card so I handed him the card and you looked at me and laughed and said, He can't read yet. :O)

Mandy said...

that made me laugh, Karen!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those sweet stories of Jordan. You are right to cherish this time, Abby!! I can certainly relate...Jacob just went out on his own last month. Where in the world did the time go???

Liz said...

Once when Jordan was four or five I took him to Perkins for pancakes. He ordered chocolate chip pancakes. They ususally had a small cup of chocolate chips that came with and this time they didn't. I told Jordan when the waitress comes around we will ask her. The next time I know Jordan has jumped up and went into the kitchen asking for his chocolate chips. Of course he got them. :)

Mandy said...

Mom's story reminded me of a time mom and I had him and we were in the city and stopped at LJS and Jordan loved hushpuppes so mom and I gladly gave him our's. He was chowing down on them and he got to his last one and accidently dropped it. He looked up at mom and I with him big puppy dog brown eyes and said, "that was my last one." It melted our hearts so mom jumped up and got him another. Mom and I still laugh about that one, boy did he have us twisted around his little finger!

Abby said...

That story made me smile Mandy! I still find I have a hard time saying no to those puppy dog eyes at times.....