CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Lesson in how to be cool

I got a lesson tonight in how to be macho cool from my husband. Monday nights Jordan plays JV football. Tonight was a home game. We all went (they won 32 to 6). After the game we needed to tell Jordan we were going to run up to Taco Bell and come back and pick him up. He was coming off the field and walking to the locker room making no attempt that he was going to acknowledge we were right next to him. So what would you do? .......

I hollared JORDAN and did the come here sign with my fingers. He rolled his eyes and came over and got his message.

I say to Christian geeez you would think I embarrassed him or something. He said well you did you yelled like a GIRL! I said well I am a GIRL! What would you have done. He said I would have done it all cool and macho and looked him in the eye and just given him the nod one time and he would have come over to the car.

I pondered this for a moment and said hmmmm I just don't think I could pull that off. I am just way too cute and femine for that ;)

6 comments:

April said...

That would definitely be me! I think I may need to take some notes from this too...=) Matt has already had to give me a few pointers at the playground in backing off with Hunter...

April said...

BTW, I love that story...had me chuckling to myself!

Nana-Judy said...

Yay you!! That was a great comeback!
Seriously,though, you are going to have to learn the 'rules' about how NOT to embarass him in front of his peers. The best thing I found was just ask him: If I need to ask/tell you something like that again, how would you like me to handle it?
Let me tell you--it was different for each one of my guys. And sometimes it was different depending on which guys were standing around, too.
Just another one of those Macho/Guy things we MOM's have to be understanding about!!

Liz said...

Next time just let Christian do the cool mancho stuff and see what happens..........;)

Mandy said...

I think you should whistle at him and say, "honey, come here, I need to chat with you for a second." No, I am kidding. Too funny.

Anonymous said...

I get in trouble with Chris and Jacob too. I'm not sure how to be cool either I guess. Maybe I'll take my mom's advice and just ask Jacob how he would like me to handle it next time. But I am a little scared he will just say don't talk to me at all. :O) I like what your mom said about letting Christian handle it next time. Maybe you will learn something???