CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Thursday night Family dinner night for football

Thursday nights Jordan's football team has this really nice event called Family dinner with the team. Its such a nice event. The parents all commit to helping with one night of the dinner in either funding or actually cooking and it works out. We all eat and then after the meal we stay for awards and coach's comments about the week. After all this takes place is the time for parents to ask questions of the coaches and what not. Well all this being said I have to tell you about our last Thursday dinner. I was walking by one of the coaches and he asked me if Jordan was enjoying the season and if I had any questions. I assured him that Jordan was having a great time and I didn't have any questions. Regan then pipes up and says I have a question. (mental head slap here OH NO, she is at that age where you have no idea what is going to come out of her mouth or maybe it is just a personality trait anyway) The coach or let me say the HEAD coach then leans down and says what's your question sweetheart? Regan says I want to know why my brother didn't play in the last game. (great this is really going to help him get play time! ) He then smiles and says well here's the thing Jordan is pretty new to us and he is still learning about all our plays and how it all works. But don't you worry I promise you will get to see your brother play this season.

I thought that was super sweet of the coach to be so nice about it. I whispered as we were walking past I swear I didn't put her up to that. He just smiled and nodded. I'm still not sure if it was a nod of I understand or YEAH right you didn't set her up. [sigh]

4 comments:

Liz said...

Regan Regan, at least she is sticking up for Jordan.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

you have to love that honesty. sometimes i find that my "honest" kids are saying what i think! super fun post!

Claremont First Ward said...

Hilarious. Obviously a question that needed to be asked! :)

Anonymous said...

That's Regan!! I love it! Did you tell Jordan she asked that? I don't know if he would have thought it as funny as I did.